Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More images from camp






I thought I would add some pictures from camp to give an idea of what it is like. Many families come and visit the kids while they are here. It rains so frequently that the kids still play soccer even if the field is soaking wet. At the last game we watched the kids were sliding and falling and covered in mud. Of course they loved it. Most of the kids play soccer in their bare feet which is hard to watch because they kick it so hard and they are not playing on groomed fields. There are swing sets which the kids get creative with. Our experience with the kids is that they are polite, affectionate and very well behaved. They have been eager to interact with us and try anything!! I also had to include the picture from our last basketball game. Can I just say it got a little competitive? Ukranian basketball is a contact sport....

5 comments:

Kevin and Pam said...

What orphanage did you adopt from? Where is the camp?

Kevin and Pam said...

Sorry, I also wanted to congratulate you! I got excited seeing your pictures of the kids.

Andreas said...

Everyone looks so happy. You guys are awesome. Who is the girl that Margie is with in the picture?

The Rogers Family said...

Thanks for the latest news. I feel like we will be so prepared when we go. You guy's are spoiling our kids! They love you so much. I hope they won't be bored when we get there. The pictures are great. You guys are the best! We owe you a ton.

Sandy Ripp said...

Congratulations! Glad to see everything is going well. Love you! Sandy