Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kiev!!

We arrived safely in Ukraine, and have been enjoying the city of Kiev. Our SDA appointment isn't until Monday afternoon so we have had time to go tour. Kiev is very beautiful, with a lot of historical sights. We visited the WW2 war museum and the Kiev cave monastary. I am having a hard time being in Ukraine and not going to see Misha. We will probably leave for Sumy Tuesday morning.
Our translator Natalie has been taking us everywhere. I am very nervous about our SDA appointment, but we will know a lot more about our situation after tomorrow. The weather is very mild, with rainy mornings and lovely afternoons. We have a great apartment here and Kent is very happy to say that he is enjoying the food. We will post as soon as we know what we are doing tomorrow!!

9 comments:

The Brent Milne Family said...

you made it!! Brent will be glad to hear about the food. Our girls are going up to Utah State tonight. So all is well here. Good luck with your SDA appointment. Can't wait to hear more. Lucinda

The Rogers Family said...

We are so excited to hear from you next to see how your appointment went. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying Kiev! I wish we were there with you!

Leah and Greg Schaffer said...

We are anxiously following your blog. Hearing about your SDA appt. brings back alot of feelings and memories! Good Luck! We are so excited for you and can't wait to read your next entry! You will be in our prayers!

Love,

Greg and Leah Schaffer
(Proud adoptive parents of 2 beautiful Ukrainian girls)

mcjenn said...

yeah, you are there. I'm sure you've had your SDA appt by now and realize that it is pretty low key. Good luck on your ride to Sumy. Please say hello and give a big hug to Natalie for us. She is a gem and have great love for her. Say hello to Vasali as well and everyone at the Internat.
Good luck, we are praying for you. Enjoy the adventure, it will be wonderful and it will be yours!

ann said...

I think I speak for all of us when I say how jealous we are that you are there and we have to wait until September but on the other hand we are way excited for you also. It will be fun to follow your blog. I am sure everything will go well tomorrow. Enjoy the moment. Ann

Devri Atoa said...

Hi Margie! I hope you are having a great time and your meeting today was successful! I am having scrabble withdrawals and I think Saini is too.Ha Ha take lots of pictures and say hi to Misha for us. We are looking forward to seeing you all soon.

The Rogers Family said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You know what I'm talking about. I've been so sick, now I feel so much better, I'm walking around. Your an angel! Tell the boy's we miss and love them so much and give them an extra hug for me. I'm so excited for Misha getting the best family ever!

junglemama said...

Can't wait for an update!

shaz said...

Hey guys! I'm so glad you are enjoying Kiev. Hope it's been a good day with Misha. Good luck, good luck!! All's well here--your kids are doing fine...Chey is extra very fine?? Anyway, work is pluggin' along, but we need to know what to do about shared Jorgensen/davis line. At this point it's not happening... shaz